לעמוד החדשות
המצטרף/ת האחרון/ה לארגון נקים גב' רויטל מ- רמת השרון --- דוד בן גוריון וראשית השת"פ עם האויב בשואה עד להפקרות הבטחונית של היום
צדק למען המצילים של קבוצת ברגסון בשואה אשר סייע להצלתם של כמאתיים אלף יהודים  
הגב לנושא    אינדקס הפורומים -> התנהלות הסוכנות היהודית ומפא'י בשואה

עדכונים של נקים:

אהוד ברק והסחיטה במיליונים (לכאורה) של סוכן המוסד ג'פרי אפשטיין
ראשון 07.01.24 0:58

חשיפה,מי שהורה על גיוסו של ג'פריי אפשטיין למוסד הוא לא אחר מאשר אהוד ברק כאשר היה ראש אמ"ן
שישי 05.01.24 12:41

היום יתקיים ערר במשפט דרייפוס ללוחם גיבור במשטרת ישראל
רביעי 27.12.23 20:28

מומלצים:

אוהב את ישראל, אוהב צדק? לארגון `נקים` דרוש נדבן פילנטרופ ולוחם

מעריב חושף ששופטי העליון גונבים מהציבור הטבות מפליגות הכל בניגוד גמור לחוק

רצח רבין:השבכ נעתר לבקשה של נקים לשחרר את פרופ' היס מחובת הסודיות על ניתוח הגופה

בלי בושה: השופטת ורדה אלשיך סידרה למקורבה השופט בדימוס פלפל שכר טרחה של 10 מיליון ש"ח

עמיר מנור, כתב מעריב, הוקלט משקר טרם הוציא כתבה שקרית נגד 'נקים' המיחצנת את רשם האגודות ושותפיו

שחיתות מע' המשפט פורצת את מחסום הקול,ראיון על ארגון נקים בקול ישראל, בייניש, מזוז ושנדר תחת ביקורת

הראל סגל: 'יש אדונים לארץ הזו והדמוקרטיה משרתת אותם ואת האינטרסים שלהם. כל היתר, וזה כולל את רובכם, נתונים במעמד עבדים החיים באשליית אדנות...'

צפה בנושא הקודם :: צפה בנושא הבא  
מחבר הודעה
גרוזלם פוסט
אורח

הודעהפורסם: שלישי 02.09.08 8:39    נושא ההודעה: צדק למען המצילים של קבוצת ברגסון בשואה אשר סייע להצלתם של כמאתיים אלף יהודים

The rescuers must get their due

Sir, - Yad Vashem spokesperson Estee Yaari described a meeting my colleagues and I held earlier this summer with the museum's chief historian Prof. Dan Michman, concerning its omission of the Bergson Group and its Holocaust rescue activities ("Yad Vashem and the Bergson issue," Letters, August 25). Ms. Yaari claimed that Prof. Michman asked us to make suggestions for including the Bergson Group "in the many avenues available at Yad Vashem aside from the Holocaust History Museum." According to her, my colleagues and I "ignored" Prof. Michman's proposal. Ms. Yaari, however, did not attend the meeting, and her account of it is erroneous.

Prof. Michman began the meeting by stating categorically: "As a matter of principle, Yad Vashem will never change any of its exhibits." We asked if they would change an exhibit that was found to have a mistake. He said that once every 10 years, the museum staff reviews the exhibits to determine if there are any mistakes that require correction. We argued that the omission of the Bergson Group was a mistake that requires correction now, and not in 10 years (if at all). He replied, "An omission is not necessarily the same as a mistake."

We made specific suggestions - in the meeting, and in a subsequent letter - as to how the museum's panels on America's response to the Holocaust could be corrected to include acknowledgment of the Bergson Group.

Prof. Michman did claim, in the meeting, that Yad Vashem already acknowledges the Bergson Group's achievements through "other avenues." He pointed out that in 1993 it published a Hebrew-language edition of my book The Abandonment of the Jews and asserted that it was in print and available. But, in fact, there are no copies in Yad Vashem's book store, and its publications department has confirmed to me, in writing, that the book was allowed to go out of print two years ago; it has not been available since then. Nor have I been informed of any plans by Yad Vashem to print a new edition.

The second "other avenue" Prof. Michman cited was Yad Vashem's Web site, where, he said, the Bergson Group's achievements are described. The site does contain a profile of the group, but it is extremely brief - just five paragraphs long. Is this adequate attention, on Yad Vashem's enormous Web site, to a group that played a key role in the events leading to the rescue of more than 200,000 Jews from the Holocaust?

To make matters worse, another item on the Yad Vashem Web site erroneously describes the Bergson Group as "a radical right-wing group" and claims that Bergson's march by 400 rabbis in Washington in 1943 had "absolutely no impact whatsoever." In fact, the march was an important part of the process of alerting Congress, the American public and the American Jewish community to the need for rescue, and it undoubtedly played a role in galvanizing Congressional concern about the plight of the Jews.

Clearly, Yad Vashem's "other avenues" are not the answer. A book that is unavailable, and a Web site that contains a negligible amount of information about the Bergson Group - some of it inaccurate - are not the way to address this vital historical topic.

A museum that includes materials about America's abandonment of the Jews, as Yad Vashem appropriately does, should also acknowledge those in America who spoke out for rescue.

DAVID S. WYMAN
Amherst, Massachusetts

A betrayal

Sir, - Your editorial "Unparalleled cruelty" (August 26) led me to the conclusion that our government acted in an uncivilized and even barbaric fashion by releasing 198 Palestinian prisoners while a lone Israeli soldier languishes in Palestinian captivity.

I have always seen Israel as a democracy that upholds the political and social equality of all. Now it feels as if one Israeli soldier doesn't equal even 198 of the enemy.

HINDE FEKETE
Netanya

Come, now

Sir, - To Andrew Carew-Morton I would reply: The UN constitution stated that all Mandatory agreements would be adopted in their entirety. The Palestine Mandate stated that all of "Palestine" west of the Jordan River was destined to be a Jewish state. The Partition proposals of the UN were illegal by its own constitution.

As for the second part of his letter (More than misguided,"August 2Cool, it read like virulent Arab propaganda.

REUVEN BEN-DANIEL
Kfar Mordechai
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1219913191331&pagename=JPos t%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

חזרה למעלה

חדש!: הוסף את נקים ככפתור ב-toolbar לגישה מהירה לפורומים ועידכון שוטף

הצג הודעות מלפני:   
הגב לנושא    אינדקס הפורומים -> התנהלות הסוכנות היהודית ומפא'י בשואה כל הזמנים הם GMT + 2 שעות
עמוד 1 מתוך 1

נבחרים

גילויים אחרונים בפרשת רצח יצחק רבין ז"ל

הקשרים של `המאפיה` המשפטית נחשפים

הצטרף עכשיו למאבק של נקים נגד השחיתות השלטונית

גלובס חושף שהפרקליטות מושחתת השופטת הדס יהלום מאשרת זאת אך לא עושה דבר

תודה למאות הלייקים, שדרגנו
לדף חדש תודה לחדש לנו לייק!

קפוץ אל:  
אתה יכול לפרסם נושאים חדשים בפורום זה
אתה יכול להגיב לנושאים בפורום זה
אתה לא יכול לערוך את הודעותיך בפורום זה
אתה לא יכול למחוק את הודעותיך בפורום זה
אתה יכול להצביע בסקרים בפורום זה
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
תגובה כללית לאתר זה כאן, תגובה להודעה או כתבה ספציפית יש להגיב למעלה,תודה!

WANT TO KNOW WHO REALLY RULES THE STATE OF ISRAEL? GO TO THE SCHLAFF AFFAIR